Hess Corporation | Offshore
hess operations header image
Hess Corporation Logo


  • Hess Baldpate in Gulf of Mexico

    Top Quartile Operating Capabilities

    Hess is a leader in deepwater development and production, with top quartile performance in offshore drilling and project delivery. Our company is the seventh-largest producer in the Gulf of Mexico and also has offshore assets in Europe, Asia Pacific and South America. We have been selected to operate major offshore projects by Gulf of Mexico co-owners and by the Malaysian national oil company.

Hess Stampede Future Value

Adding Future Value with Stampede

Hess capitalized on its proven track record in the Gulf of Mexico with the sanctioned development of the Stampede field — one of the largest undeveloped fields in the Gulf.  Hess is operator and has a 25 percent working interest in the field, which has estimated gross recoverable resources of between 300 and 350 million barrels of oil equivalent. Co-owners are Union Oil Co. of California, a Chevron subsidiary (25%), Nexen Petroleum Offshore USA, A CNOOC ltd company (25%), and Statoil (25%). First oil is on schedule for the first quarter of 2018, with production to ramp up over the following 12 months.

First Quartile Development Performance at Tubular Bells

Also in the Gulf of Mexico, Hess’ Tubular Bells project is a vivid example of the company’s success in deepwater developments. The company achieved first oil just three years after our final investment decision.  We have a 57 percent working interest and Chevron is our partner with the remaining 43 percent.  

Video Transcript

Hess North Malay Basin Operations

A Natural Fit at North Malay Basin

Hess has a 50 percent working interest and is operator of North Malay Basin, a long life natural gas asset comprised of nine discovered natural gas fields adjacent to our existing operations in the Joint Development Area (JDA) between Malaysia and Thailand. Petronas Carigali holds the remaining 50 percent of North Malay Basin and is also our partner in the JDA. At JDA, we have annual minimum new sales commitments of approximately 70 billion cubic feet of natural gas per year through 2025 and approximately 40 billion cubic feet per year from completion full level. 


  • Hess Managing Risk Gulf of Mexico

    Managing Risk in the Gulf of Mexico

    As members of the Marine Well Containment Company, the Helix Well Control Group and the Clean Gulf Cooperative, we have rapid access to well capping/containment and spill response resources in the Gulf of Mexico.
  • Revitalizing South Arne in Denmark

    We have produced oil and gas at the South Arne field in the Danish North Sea since 1999. Now we are investing $1 billion to extend the productive life of the field and optimize production from the tight chalk reservoir. 

  • Hess REMIT Disclosure for Denmark

    REMIT Disclosure for Denmark

    Hess will publish information in respect of any of its assets that it considers to constitute inside information pursuant to the European Regulation on Wholesale Energy Market Integrity and Transparency (EU 1227/2011).